AC Fundamentals 4 | Electrical Engineering MCQ Question Answer
#1 In a sine wave the slope is constant
#2 The power is measured in terms of decibles in case of
#3 Capacitive susceptance is a measure of
a purely capacitive circuit’s ability to pass current
#4 Which of the following statements pertains to resistors only ?
can dissipate considerable amount of power
#5 Which of the following refers to a parallel circuit?
The currant through any one element is less than the source current
#6 A phasor is
a line which represents the magnitude and phase of an alternating quantity
#7 A parallel A.C. circuit in resonance will
have a high impedance
#8 Wire-wound resistors are unsuitable for use at high frequencies because they
exhibit unwanted inductive and capacitive effects
#9 The inductance of a coil can be increased by
choosing core material having high relative permeability
#10 The least number of 1- φ watt-meters required to measure total power consumed by an unbalanced load fed from a 3- φ, 4-wire system is
#11 Ina three-phase supply floating neutral is undesirable because it give rise to
unequal line voltages across the load
#12 For the full wave rectified sine wave the r.m.s. value is
0.707 I max
#13 Which of the following waves has the highest value of peak factor ?
Half wave rectified sine wave
#14 The r.m.s. value of half wave rectified sine wave is 200 V. The r.m.s. value of full wave rectified AC. will be
#15 The r.m.s. value of pure cosine function is
0.707 of peak value
#16 The series and parallel resonance on L-C circuit differs in that
series resistance needs a low-resistance source for sharp rise in current
#17 Which of the following expression is true for apparent power in an A.C. circuit?
V rms x I rms
#18 The quality factor of R-L-C circuit will increase if
How to use this MCQ?
Where are the answers?
To get these answers, watch the following video.
Thanks for visiting. Keep visiting this page for more latest MCQs. If you have any questions, you can ask me in comment section. I will answer as soon as possible.
Electrical Engineering Objective Type Question Answer | All Links
One MCQ is available at the end of every following post.
- AC Fundamentals — 1
- AC Fundamentals — 2
- AC Fundamentals — 3
- AC Fundamentals — 4
- Magnetism and Electromagnetism — 1
- Magnetism and Electromagnetism — 2
- Magnetism and Electromagnetism — 3
- Magnetism and Electromagnetism — 4
- Electrical Heating – 1
- Electrical Heating – 2
- Electric Welding – 1
- Electric Welding – 2
- DC Motors — 1
- DC Motors — 2
- DC Motors — 3
- DC Motors — 4
- DC Motors — 5
- DC Motors — 6
- Electrical Drives — 1
- Electrical Drives — 2
- Electric Drives — 3
- Electric Drives — 4
- Alternators — 1
- Alternators — 2
- Alternators — 3
- Alternators — 4
- Alternators — 5
- Single Phase Motors — 1
- Single Phase Motors — 2
- Single Phase Motors — 3
- Single Phase Motors — 4
- Single Phase Motors — 5
- Induction Motors — 1
- Induction Motors — 2
- Induction Motors — 3
- Induction Motors — 4
- Induction Motors — 5
- Induction Motors — 6
- Induction Motors — 7
- Transformer – 3
- Transformer – 4
- Transformer – 5
- Transformer – 6
- Transformer – 7
- Transformer – 8
- Transformer – 9
- Transformer – 10
- Transmission and Distribution — 1
- Transmission and Distribution — 2
- Transmission and Distribution — 3
- Transmission and Distribution — 4
- Transmission and Distribution — 5
- Transmission and Distribution — 6
- Transmission and Distribution — 7
- Transmission and Distribution — 8
- Measuring Instruments –1
- Measuring Instruments –2
- Measuring Instruments –3
- Measuring Instruments — 4
- Electrical Cables — 1
- Electrical Cables — 2
- Synchronous Motor
- Circuit Breaker –1
- Circuit Breaker –2
- Circuit Breaker –3
Electrical Engineering MCQ Question Answer
On my blog, I have started this new section “Electrical Engineering MCQ Question Answer” on the repeated demand on my readers. I hope this section will prove helpful for electrical engineering students who are preparing for different competitive exams.
The world of today is an arena of competition. Almost in every sphere of life we have to face competition to get vertical for even horizontal mobility. Specifically, students have to pass Competitive Examinations for seeking admission to higher level education in different areas of specialization as well as for seeking jobs in areas of their choice. Even the persons in job have to pass competitive examinations to get higher posts.
This MCQ section is an honest effort towards fulfilling these aspirations in fields connected with “Electrical Engineering”.
The questions have been framed in such a way that maximum important information is made available to the reader on various topics covered under the subject of “Electrical Engineering”.
Any suggestion and constructive criticism will be always wellcome for further improvement of this MCQ section.
Electrical engineering mcq question answer are finding favor with various examining organizations. These tests generally contain multiple choice questions in which four or five possible answers are offered and the job of an examinee is to select only the best answer. Sometimes the incorrect answers provided are partially correct. These partially true choices are inserted to force the candidate to think and establish that he knows the correct answer.
- Hints for Identifying the Correct Answer
- Read the item closely to see what the examiner is after.
- Re-read if necessary.
- Mentally reject answers that are clearly wrong.
- Identify the most correct answer.
- In the case of items where you are doubtful of the answer, you might be able to bring to bear the information you have gained from your previous study. This knowledge might be sufficient to indicate that some of the suggested answers are not so plausible. Eliminate such answers from further consideration.
- Then concentrate on the remaining suggested answers. The more you eliminate in this way, the better your chances of getting the right item.
- The pressure of time compels for speedy identification of correct answers. If you have identified the correct answer, switch over to the next question.